Instant Accessto State, County and Municipal Public Records

Businesses, Click Here is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.

ALERT provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources. is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency. is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

Colorado Unclaimed Money

What is Unclaimed Money in Colorado?

Colorado unclaimed money (otherwise known as unclaimed funds) is money or property whose rightful owner cannot be located. Essentially, it is money owed to an individual by a business, government office, or another source that has not been collected or used for some time. Unclaimed funds may include cash, money orders, checks, bonds, insurance policies, refunds, security deposits, or contents of safe deposit boxes.

Typically, financial establishments and other relevant entities are required to report unclaimed or abandoned funds to the state government, which then takes over the unclaimed fund through a process called escheatment.

The Colorado state government currently holds $600 million in abandoned assets and funds. The funds constitute utility deposits, bank accounts, and other financial assets that have not been used for a long time and were turned over to the State Treasury for safekeeping. Currently, the Treasury maintains a list of over 1.7 million contacts of people and businesses with unclaimed funds in the state. Colorado's Revised Uniform Unclaimed Property Act regulates the issuance and maintenance of these funds.

How to Find Unclaimed Money in Colorado

The Colorado State Treasury maintains an online database, where individuals can trace lost or forgotten assets and file a claim. Interested persons can also use the site to check the status of an existing claim.

Alternatively, people can contact the Great Colorado Payback unit via mail, email at, or telephone at (303) 866-6070 or (800) 825-2111 (toll-free) to look up the Colorado government’s list of unclaimed money. The unit may be contacted at:

200 East Colfax Avenue, Room 141
Denver, CO 80203-1722

Physical visits to the Great Colorado Payback office are strictly by appointment.

How Do I Find Colorado Unclaimed Money for Free?

Colorado State Treasury's unclaimed money database (the Great Colorado Payback) is accessible to the public. Also, a Colorado resident can search databases operated by federal agencies holding unclaimed assets to find unclaimed money. Examples include:

Unclaimed Securities and Payments: An individual can search for unclaimed savings bonds over 30 years old that no longer earn interest and payments on other securities via Treasury Hunt. The Bureau of the Fiscal Service manages this database within the U.S. Department of the Treasury. A search brings up unclaimed money in the following categories:

  • Matured saving bonds or Treasury notes that no longer earn interest
  • Missing payments on a series of H or HH saving bonds
  • Missing payments for securities held in Legacy Treasury Direct

Mortgage Insurance Refunds: These are unclaimed funds from Federal Housing Administration (FHA) insured mortgages. Anyone in Colorado can search the Department of Housing and Urban Development's unclaimed refunds database to look up unclaimed funds from distributive share payments and canceled premiums. Homeowners and their attorneys can also contact the agency to claim their funds. Below is the relevant contact information:

451 7th Street South West
Washington, DC 20410
Phone: (800) 697-6967

Unclaimed Bankruptcy Funds: Any individual who happens to be a creditor in a bankruptcy proceeding held in the Colorado Bankruptcy Court can find unclaimed money via the Unclaimed Funds Locator. Unclaimed bankruptcy funds can originate from asset liquidation or scheduled debt repayment.

How to Claim Unclaimed Money in Colorado

Individuals interested in claiming unclaimed money in Colorado must take specific steps to find and claim such funds.

First, an individual should access the Great Colorado Payback site to search for the unclaimed funds with a last or business name. However, if the search returns plenty of information, the individual can use a city name to filter the results.

After discovering the unclaimed property, the individual can file a claim by checking the "Claim" button to begin the process, then the "Continue to File a Claim" button to proceed to the next stage. Subsequently, the claimant will enter a mailing address for the refund, information about the owner of the unclaimed fund, and their relationship with the owner of the unclaimed fund.

Afterward, the individual can click "Next" to proceed to a new page where they will be asked to confirm their mailing address and preview the information provided. If all is in order, the party can submit the claim.

The claimant must send certain documents to the Colorado State Treasury after the submission. For example, government-issued photo identification and proof of social security number. A claimant can submit these documents online using the secure link on the Great Colorado Payback website or by mailing them to:

Great Colorado Payback Office
200 East Colfax Avenue, Room 141
Denver, CO 80203-1722

Individuals can continuously monitor the status of the claim online by entering their claim number on the status page of the Great Colorado Payback website.

How Long Does It Take to Get Unclaimed Money in Colorado?

The duration varies. Generally, the Colorado state treasurer's office works with a 90-day processing period for unclaimed money. However, claims involving business accounts may take longer to resolve.

Who Can Claim Unclaimed Money From Deceased Relatives in Colorado?

Heirs, surviving family members, executives, and court-appointed probate administrators can claim unclaimed money from deceased relatives in Colorado. However, it is a statutory requirement that each claimant submits documents proving their relationship to the decedent. Otherwise, the State Treasury will not process the claim.

What Happens to Colorado Unclaimed Money if No One Claims It?

There is no time limit set to claim unclaimed funds in Colorado. The state treasurer holds the money indefinitely until the rightful owner claims it. Before the owner shows up, the state treasurer will continue to make concerted efforts to find them, their heirs, or surviving family members.

Can Someone in Colorado Claim Unclaimed Money From Another State?

Yes. Anyone currently living in Colorado but holding assets or financial accounts in other states may have unclaimed funds or assets in such states. To claim such money, an individual must file a claim and submit the required supporting documents to the applicable unclaimed property custodian.